SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Decisive, resourceful, hands-on corporate Tax Professional with in-depth experience in tax review and preparation. Accomplished in all areas of tax return analysis and preparation, customization, and spreadsheet design. Solid person and high producer with an analytic mindset and substantial work ethic. Adept and highly skilled in assessing processes and controls with creative problem-solving abilities. Technically proficient and quality focused. Proven strengths with tax financial software and taking on multiple tasks for various projects simultaneously. Thrives in dynamically changing environments requiring focused decision making with forensic aptitude and investigative skills. Ability to identify and explain the various contructs of income to establish business operating assertions.
Manage individual, C-Corps, S-Corps, high-net worth partnerships and corporate tax services, and specialize in legal documents preparation services. Everything from federal and single state to multi-state tax returns. Provide clients with high-quality services in over 50 states. Offering legal document preparation for banking, borrowing and lending, corporations, credit and collection, general contracts, health care proxies, leasing, litigation, partnerships, power of attorney, purchase and sales, real estate, technology, wills.
• Independently work with clients by providing them with the most comprehensive tax system for filing returns. Conducts detailed review of T/R and other client supplied data and identifies basic, complex and advanced issues throughout the engagement.
• Generate fully compliant fileable tax forms for meeting client’s e-filing needs.
• Ability to provide clients with exceptional response time, while providing legendary customer service.
• Help clients to maximize their tax deductions and assist them with business discussions on tax issues.
• Implement tax strategies that align with the client’s business objectives. Communicates complex technical matters to clients and other appropriate audiences to ensure relevant issues are understood and resolved, as needed.
• Prepare Profit and Loss statements, loan amortization schedules, and depreciation and amortization reports. Identify and resolve complex taxation issues by applying multiple tax functional specialities.
• Prepare and present clients with analytical accounting reports for business solutions.
• Processes over 500 professional and concise legal documents to address client’s needs.
• Deliver products quickly, thoughtfully and accurately, and ensure that clients comply with applicable authorities while identifying options for minimizing the client’s tax and reporting.
Managed the preparation of all single and combined federal, state, local, franchise, and partnership tax returns with a focus on delivering outstanding services for key tax personal and responding proactively and reactively to deadlines.
• Managed tax variance analysis, reporting monthly results that identified, quantified, and delivered opportunities to align with and achieve target financial commitments, increasing production uptime to 95%.
• Managed negotiations with NYS tax authorities for three entities in the Wholesale Operations group by providing allocation support and documentation, which resulted in the elimination of interest and penalties, netting assessments to zero.
• Independently worked with the Finance Department in ensuring that EFT transactions were submitted accurately. As a result, a seamless transition was designed to allow direct funding of tax payments to tax authorities, thereby eliminating fees, check charges and check imaging, improving on–time delivery rate by 99.95%.
• Reviewed and managed staff member’s work assignments, ensuring complete accuracy and quality assurance of tax returns.
• Demonstrated proven ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely when writing, speaking and presenting to teams, managers and clients. Ability to follow through and influence outcome interdepartmentally, by defending findings and supporting evidence in written communication.
• Developed and managed book data files for the Wholesale Operations, which provided a direct import source from the financial reporting system’s GL accounts.
• Performed the research and implementation review of accounting pronouncements (GAAP and SEC Regulations).
• Knowledgeable in core tax accounting, GAAP and IFRS Standards.Ensured that all material book/tax differences were reviewed and signed-off.
• Provided analytical skills and a strong conceptual understanding of financial operations to project management.
• Worked exclusively with tax auditors and provided concise analysis for audit support.
. Broad exposure to federal income taxation with FAS 109 and annual tax provision review experience.
• Identified and research various transactions and tax related issues for proper SOX compliance and FIN48 disclosures.
Established and maintained domestic client relationships, taking lead responsibility on project management, gauging needs, developing and executing strategic programs based on project scope and future initiatives.
• Completed the preparation of complex single and combined state tax returns, local, franchise, partnership tax returns, and annual reports.
• Supervised and reviewed staff member’s workload assignments involving the implementation of tax filings for multiple corporate entities, extensions, estimates and tax returns.
• Ability to lead accounting implementation, and team on multi-disciplinary tasks.
• Developed and instituted complex spreadsheets for the reporting of state tax and audit payments, which involve broad aspects of research and complicated sets of computation, cutting processing time by 50%.
• Productively researched complex state statues, and apply critical thinking skills to given sets of transactional data.
• Increased quality control by analyzing in-house provided financial data for purposes of GAAP financial statement tax reporting, and test different alternatives before developing an analysis.
• Provided in-house brokers with tax law information, concerning clients’ investment portfolio assets.
• Worked independently and effectively, by providing concrete support to work assignments to establish creditability of documented calculations.
Analyzed field provided financial data for purposes of GAAP financial statement tax reporting and identification of tax planning opportunities.
• Federal, state, local, and payroll tax return preparation of up to 90 U.S. subsidiaries which has annual sales of $7 to $ 8 billion.
• Managed tax filings for multiple corporate entities, including extensions, estimates and overpayments.
• Productively assisted in research and application of complex tax laws to given sets of transactional and financial data.
• Performed all financial transactions for accounting and auditing functions.
• Implemented standardization process for corporate tax general ledger conversion.
• Effectively managed and maintained tax compliance software systems.
• Controlled and monitored all file downloads, imports and exports.
• Customized all federal and state return files to meet department’s filing requirements.
• Implemented and controlled all weekly Federal income tax, FICA, Medicare, and FUTA tax payments in excess of $1,000,000.
• Developed new and revised forms for the filing of quarterly federal tax returns, which helped to increase efficiency of the tax compliance process.
• Completed various federal and state assignments that involved complicated sets of computations that were submitted timely and accurately.
• Developed state tax reports that were used for tax accrual and preliminary analysis for various units. These reports were designed for senior management for the purpose of determining tax liabilities and the affects of corporate reorganizations, acquisitions, divestitures, and cash mobilization.
• Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and customization of tax system software.
• Assisted MIS department in communications involving conversion of in-house systems.
• Wrote proposals for selection of effective departmental software.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
A.A.S. Elementary Education
IRS VITA/TCE Advanced Tax Preparer
Authorized IRS e-File Provider
NYS Commissioned Notary Public
Member of the National Notary Association
World Vision Sponsor
Red Cross Advocate of Nassau County
Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (vlookups and pivot tables) Peoplesoft, Thomson Reuters OneSource Income Tax Software,
Vantage Tax Software (Vertex), Corptax Income Tax Software, Intuit ProSeries and Lacerte Tax Software, Intuit QuickBooks, CCH TaxWise